Thank you so much for your support and endorsement of my campaign during the primary! Your vote for me, Rochelle “Shelly” Solomon counted! I and my fellow candidate, Mrs. Abby Freedman, are now on our way to the General Election, November 6th. Now more than ever, it’s critical that you continue to tell your friends, family and colleagues why my campaign is the best choice for the Broward County School Board, District 4.
I encourage you to email or call me and share your concerns, suggestions or feedback on what is happening in Broward County Schools. I am open, accessible and very interested in your ideas on how I can work to better serve students, parents, teachers, school employees, community members and local businesses.
As you know, the cornerstone of my platform is to be the District 4 School Board member who is a leader with a vision. I have listened to you and I continue to speak out about restoring public trust, transparency, effective communication and customer service.
As a School Board member, I will have three responsibilities:
- To be a good guardian of the Broward County School District’s Budget;
- To evaluate (but not micromanage) the performance of the Superintendent and School Board Attorney; and
- To ensure effective educational policy making.
My role on the Board is to be an effective listener, accurately conveying the concerns of the people in my district, while staying respectful to my peers and staff. I will support the Board operating efficiently without micro managing.
I will ensure:
- That the Budget is fully vetted;
- That we cut administrative costs, putting more dollars into the classroom for teaching and learning;
- That we focus on the reorganization of the District where schools, parents and community are the center and;
- That we provide the best educational opportunities for all our students – improving graduation rates, preparing our students for college and/or a global workforce
Your vote for Rochelle “Shelly” Solomon is a vote to build Public Trust:
- In the District;
- On the Board;
- In Schools.
Please help us get out the vote by your contribution to my campaign, walking with me, making phone calls, hosting a meet and greet, and other volunteer support. I would greatly appreciate your help, and you can participate in my campaign by using the “Contact Me!” form on this site.
Let’s make this election year that puts kids first!